The Hong Kong University Students’ Union Council (HKUSU Council or the Council) is the highest standing authority within HKUSU, and has the longest history among all students’ organisations of tertiary institutions in Hong Kong.
The Council represents all members of the Union and acts as the bridge of communication between the Union and the University authorities. The functions of the Council can be summarised as follows:
- Supervise the Union Executives and Union Sub-organisations
- Formulate policies in the Union and monitor its finances
- Receive and handle complaints and violations of regulations
- Review Constitution, By-laws and regulations of the Union
- Appoint members of Council Committees and student representatives in University Committees
Council members and Full Members of the Union are able to discuss University and social issues in Council Meetings and Committee Meetings.